Time of preparation: 15 minutes / Cooking time: 30 minutes (if beetroots are cooked)
For 4 persons / Easy / Cost: cheap
- 3 -4 pre-cooked red beets (about 600g)
- 2 large onions
- 30 g butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley for decoration
- Peel if necessary, then cut your beetroot slices to a thickness of around 0.5cm. Peel and slice the onions.
- Melt the butter in a wide frying pan, then place the onions and beets. Brown for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and bake for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper to a glass of water and bring to the boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 20 minutes until the beets are very soft.
Serve this pan of caramelised beetroots very hot (with parsley as decoration).