Time of preparation : 20 minutes / Cooking time: 1 hour
For 6-8 people / Easy / Cost: cheap
For 1 family tart
1 Sweet shortcrust pastry
- 250 g flour
- 100 g butter
- 50 g fine sugar
- 85 ml cold milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- Place the flour, salt, sugar and finely diced butter in a bowl.
- Sand with your fingertips until you have a grainy consistency.
- Add the cold milk, stir to agglomerate and crush the dough with the palm of my hand to homogenize.
- Film, and put in the fridge for about an hour.
For the filling
- 1 kg of butternut squash from Provence (about 800gr of flesh)
- 2 eggs
- 80 gr of vergeoise sugar + 80 gr of brown sugar
- 150 ml of liquid cream
- 1 teaspoon of 4 spices
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1. Wash your squash, remove the seeds and peel it. Cook it either in a steamer or in a pan with water for 20-25 minutes until it melts. Puree it.
2. Whisk the eggs with the sugar in a bowl. Mix with the cream, spices and salt.
3. Stir in the squash purée and mix well.
4. Line your pie tin with your pastry and prick it with a fork. Pour in the sweet squash purée.
5. Bake this tart for 45 minutes at 180°C.
6. Taste warm or at room temperature.